Selling with Limestone
If you are considering selling your home let our local expertise work in your favour. We will work with you to agree a marketing plan which will be designed to achieve the best possible price based on current market conditions.
At Limestone we are fully committed to providing the highest quality service whilst at the same time offering competitive commission rates on a no sale, no fee basis.
When you place a property on the market it is all well and good having the right agent, but you also need to present it in the right condition. Below therefore are a few tips when selling your property.
- A well-kept garden, pathway and fence are immediately appealing. Cutting the lawn can be a last-minute pick-me-up and as the saying goes – first impressions count!
- Paint walls – a pale, plain shade maximises the feeling of light and space and enables buyers to imagine their possessions in the property. Research shows that most buyers prefer natural, earthy colours to bright, bold shades.
- If your fitted kitchen units look tired, simply replace or paint and varnish the doors. This will be much cheaper than buying a new kitchen. If the units are in fairly good condition and only look dated, just replace the doorknobs, handles and taps. Another economical trick is to fit good, solid worktops on to existing units.
- De-personalise your rooms by removing personal items such as family photographs and children’s drawings which may distract potential buyers. Buyers should be looking at the property, not the owner’s possessions.
- Plant pots can provide colour in your garden. If you don’t have the time to fill your own, you can always get some ready-made.
- Flowers and a bowl of fruit will brighten up a room and provide a pleasant smell.
- Organise rooms – a property will be more appealing if rooms have a specific purpose and this allows buyers to see the full potential of the property.
- Revitalise a bathroom with a green leafy plant, new taps, a shower curtain and a light pull. Coloured bathroom suites are out and old-fashioned white is back in vogue. If you’ve got an avocado or pink bathroom, consider investing in a white suite. It will add value to your property.
- Restoring fireplaces and period features, such as ceiling roses and cornices, can add thousands of pounds to a property. If you don’t have a fireplace, a striking picture can work equally well. If you decide to install a fireplace, look for an original period grate and surround in reclamation yards.
- Avoid strong food odours – don’t cook food such as fish or curry before a viewing as the smell will linger. The smell of freshly-baked bread or fresh coffee is said to provide a welcoming feel to a home.
- Ask friends or family to look after any pets during viewings.
- Try and keep out of the way when viewings take place. If you ‘hover’ it can make prospective buyers feel uncomfortable and we are unlikely to get a true indication of their thoughts.
The importance of pricing
It is vitally important that each property on the market is priced realistically and accurately. This does not mean selling a property at an undervalued price it simply means that if you wish to sell your house then it must be priced correctly. Any unprofessional agent can quote you high valuations and misguided figures, but achieving the sale is another matter altogether.
When selling your house it is imperative that the final valuation figure that you receive is based on experience and knowledge of the area by highly trained local agents. A useful exercise would be to ask for the values of comparable properties, just so you can get some realistic sale values in your head. The last thing that anyone wants is your property for sale sitting and stagnating on the market for months with little interest because an agent has overinflated its value just to get you on board.
Selling your home is equally as stressful as purchasing a new one so ensure that you do all you can to value your property at its correct price.
Limestone Sales and Lettings offer unrivalled local experience so for your free valuation and advice on how best to sell your home call us on 01908 234 111 or fill in our free valuation form.
To contact a member of our Sales Team
Mon to Fri: 9am till 6:30pm
Sat: 9am till 4pm
Call us on 01908 234 111
For general information and enquiries
Milton Keynes Office
399 Silbury Boulevard,
Central Milton Keynes,